Monday, August 30, 2010

Sleepless Weekend

Bruce and I went on our Friday date night and it was a lot of fun. I wanted to play putt putt, but the truth of it is, we were both exhausted. So after we ate supper and stopped for a milkshake we headed on home. But not before stopping to pick the kids up a frosty from Wendy's. Bruce always brings them back something on Friday night. It's so funny, too, because if they hear us pull up in the driveway, they'll pile out on porch to see what goodies we brought home. And what's so crazy is we usually bring home Krispy Kreme when we get out to Gastonia, and although we were RIGHT THERE, I don't think either one of us even thought about it because we were so tired. LOL

Anyway, we came home and watched a movie with the Hannah and Harry and then crashed. And boy, did we crash!! It wasn't even 11:30 yet and I was sound asleep. But around 1:45 am, I was startled up out of bed when a small gnat flew up my nostril. I jumped up in the dark, making my way to the bathroom, all the time blowing my nose.

Of course this woke Bruce up who asked, "Are you ok?" Well, I was, indeed, ok, so I crawled back in bed. But I couldn't go back to sleep.

I've agreed to do something for someone and, although very excited about the opportunity, I am really scared too! But I know the Lord will help me do a good job for them and I'm looking forward to it. At any rate, it kept me up thinking of all the different things I'll need to do.

About an hour after the gnat incident and laying there thinking, Bruce woke up to use the bathroom. He never did go back to sleep after that and quite frankly, neither did I. I had stopped thinking about my upcoming opportunity (which I promise to elaborate on later) and started thinking about the ladies meeting I was going to Saturday morning. Which was in just a few hours.

Thinking about the ladies meeting got me thinking about grocery shopping and some things we really needed picked up before the kids got up for breakfast. And what would Bruce and Harry eat for lunch while Hannah and I were at the meeting and Justin was at the Fire Department?

So at 6:30 I got up, dressed for the meeting, and was at the grocery store a few minutes after 7:00. Did my shopping, got home and put things away, and had just enough time to put my make up on and freshen up a bit before the meeting.

I thought for sure I'd fall asleep during the meeting, but it was so good I didn't feel tired at all and I'm so glad I went.

Needless to say come Saturday night I was a little whipped. It was about 1:30 when I finally got in bed and I slept like a baby up until Bruce started snoring. I had to giggle quietly as I laid there and listened to him snore, whistle, ahhhhh....snore, whistle, ahhhhh....snore, whistle, ahhhhh....even when he's sleeping my man has rhythm.