Friday, June 26, 2009

Saint Michael? I Don't Think So

I've been really shocked at the amount of people, not the amount of unsaved people, but those who claim to be Christians, that are saying how sad it is we've lost the great "legend" Michael Jackson. And how we shouldn't judge him.

We don't have to judge him. A couple of my facebook friends posted on their status updates this verse, Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

I started thinking about the word legend and there are several different definitions. The one that jumped out at me was this: a story of the life of a saint.

Hmmm.... I do not know all that his childhood held. Or what was going on in the man's head the last twenty years. But I do not believe the story of Michael Jackson is that of a saint. Taking care of monkeys and having a ferris wheel in your back yard for special needs children does not make you a saint. And MOST definitely the scandal after scandal he was involved in does not make him a saint.

What makes a saint is when one repents of their sins and accepts Christ as their Saviour.

Bruce and I were talking today about all the money he had and all the good he could have done with that money. We talked about how someone with his bank account could have had doctors on standby for such an emergency situation as he faced today. But the truth is, when God wants to stop your heart, your bank account is useless.

Matthew 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: