Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm Back!

I didn't want to leave Thimble Thoughts.  It was my first blog and I liked it!  It was me. 

Bullies made me stop blogging.  They took all the fun out of it.  So I started another one and kept it as private as possible.  But it seemed as though I just couldn't make myself write blogs there.  It took a lot of self persuasion to write a post.  I was telling this to a friend of mine (RC) and she encouraged me to keep up the blogging.  Little did she know that her few words of encouragement encouraged me to, not only blog again, but blog again here.  So.... here I am.

We have had a very exciting few months with my mom.  She fell and broke her femur in the early morning hours of May 22nd. One of the two worst bones in the body she could have broken.  Daddy always did tell us that if you're going to do something, do it big.  And boy, did she! 

She ended up needing a plate from her hip to her knee.  She was moved from a hospital to a nursing home and rehab facility in Charlotte an hour away.  There were so many things wrong with this place it was terrible.  One night she was having very scary symptoms that resembled a heart attack.  Lack of care, being what it was, I ended up having to call 911 for her because we couldn't get anyone on the phone to get to her room.  She was taken straight from that rat hole to a hospital closer to home.  There was no heart attack, thank the Lord!  But they did find pneumonia and an infection in her wound.  They had to open her incision back up to remove the infection and sent off cultures to see if they could find out where the infection came from and what kind it was. They left the wound open and packed.  It is healing nicely.  The last week or so, she was having other episodes and has been moved from the third floor orthopedic floor to the fifth floor heart ward several times.  Every heart test they have done shows her heart is in great working order and her blood flow is equally great. I spoke to several nurses and told them what I thought it was... anxiety.  They agreed.  I think they thought it was that anyway but needed to test her for everything just to make sure.  Which I'm glad they did.  They have been so good there and so caring.  I appreciate all they've done.

Our next step is getting her to a very good rehabilitation center about forty minutes from here.  Lord willing we'll be able to get her there as soon as possible and this week!  I would love to see that happen.  She has been through so much.  Since she hasn't been able to put any weight on the leg for a while and has been in bed since May 22nd, I am very eager to get her back up and in the throws of very strict rehabilitation.  She's been getting about an hour a day.  At the facility she's going to she will receive three hours a day.  This place is a hospital whose main goal is rehabilitating a patient back to independence.  And that's what we want for her. 

She has faced some very dark days and the Lord has showed us many things through her trial.  I am thankful she has had the Lord to pull her through.  We have both shed some tears, been frustrated, tired, and scared.  But we have much to be thankful for and much to praise our God for. 

My friend (RC) is the main blogger at Mountains and Valleys blog.  As I thought about her and the title of her blog, I thought about how mom has been in the valley and how I've been there with her.  Some would feel sorry for us being there in the valley.  But as I thought about it the other night, I realized that being on the mountain is good, but being in the valley is almost better.  Being in the valley is where we find the green pastures.  The still waters.  The shadows from the mountains around us keep us shaded.  Yes, there are things in the valley that will attack us and try to destroy us.  But the Shepherd is there to protect us if we just trust Him.

Do I glory in my trials?  I don't know if I can say THAT!  LOL  But I do glory in my Savior.  And He will eventually lead us out of this valley and we will once again stand on the mountain for those below us to see and know that what God did for us, He will do for them.   

I have so much to tell you and so much to share with you.  I'm just glad to be back at Thimble Thoughts.  I've missed it.  I've missed you.