Monday, July 15, 2013

Of Headaches, Friends, and Silly Husbands

Friday afternoon, Harrison and I dressed up as a cow and got our free chick-fil-A meal.  Oh yes we did!  Then we went to another one and picked up two more meals for Harrison and his buddy, David, for that night.
 
I headed down to Greenville with David's mom to pick up his sister from Bob Jones.  We had such a fun drive down there.  Rain and all.  Taylor didn't know I was bringing the cow costumes for her and her mother to wear to get them a free meal too.  The look on her face was hilarious.  But she did it.  Spots, ears, tails and all.  haha  When we got back to my house we played some UNO and had some good laughs. 

Saturday morning they came back to the house and we headed to see mom at rehab.  We had a terrific visit and mom was enjoying her free time away from rehab during the weekend.  She's had some wonderful visits with good friends and I'm so glad about that.

We had a good weekend but it ended up with a migraine for me.  It started Saturday morning and I thought I might have it licked with a coke and Tylenol, but I didn't catch it in time.  When I got home from visiting mom I took a "special" pill for it and was knocked out for four hours, until Bruce finally woke me up.  I felt ok and we went out for a nice dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  But by the time we got home I was ready for more pills and bed. 

A sleepless night meant all day in bed Sunday.  Got up around 12:40 and took a shower and waited for my family to return home from church.  When they did I threw some rice in the rice cooker and was going to make some pot pies but became so dizzy I ended up laying in the floor for a few minutes.  Bruce helped me up and Justin put me back in bed.  And that's where I stayed before moving to the couch.  Still having a little headache now.  Hope it's better by morning.  I'm just glad I have no obligations tomorrow.

The Lord always sends good friends to bring us smiles in times like these.  My friend, Missy, gave me this beautiful sunflower last week and I sat it on my coffee table looking at me.  It's brightened my day and made me smile.
Then tonight when the family came home from church, Hannah handed me a gift bag from Patti and Taylor.  Tucked inside was an apron from Bath and Body Works and it says Fresh Picked Markets on the bib.  I love it.  I am definitely an apron person and this one is just awesome!

Proverbs 17:17a "A friend loveth at all times..."

And last but not least, here is a hilarious picture of my dear husband looking a little like Popeye.  Or maybe Penguin from Batman.  Depending on which one you like the best.  ha! 
That thing in his mouth is one of those sticks they gave us at Shelton's Fireworks when he bought fireworks for 4th of July.  He had been shooting some off with the neighborhood kids and when the rain began he came up on the porch and was acting silly.  And this, folks, is just one of the many reasons why I love him.