Monday, August 20, 2012

Family Reunion

Took a trip to Virginia this weekend for a family reunion on my mom's side of the family.  We had such a great time seeing family we haven't seen in a long time.  But we sure did miss the ones that couldn't make it.  Lord willing, we'll be able to see them over the holidays, later this year. 

One of my Aunts rented a lake house and boat at Smith Mountain Lake.  The lake was beautiful!  The weather was perfect!  And the time shared was priceless!

My niece and her boyfriend, Brandon, made it up.  I was really happy they were able to come.
Aunt Margie was enjoying the sun and relaxation on the deck.
 When lunch was over, several of us hopped on the boat for a tour around the lake and a swim.
 My nephew, Michael, enjoyed diving in several times.  He's such a great guy. 
 He was also our captain for the afternoon.  He just graduated from high school this spring and begins his college today, I believe. 
 Brandon and Jessica doing their Titanic pose.  LOL They're so nutty.
 Mikey was starving after his swim.  When you're 6' 6", a teenage boy, and still growing, you can work up quite the appetite.  :)
Some of us watched a DVD my Aunt brought.  She had a whole bag full of really good movies.
 And others of us played board games.
 It really was a terrific day.  Wish I could be around all of my Aunts and Uncles all the time.  They just seem to be scattered here and there, though.  I suppose that's life for ya.
We didn't stay at the lake house.  We stayed with my Uncle Gene...
 And Aunt Margie. 
 They have a lovely home in Roanoke.  The kids stayed in the basement.  We had taken a queen size air mattress for them to sleep on.  When I went to wake them Saturday morning, I found Hannah on the couch but couldn't see Harrison.  I asked where he was at and Hannah said, "He's in there."  Looking closer, I realized some air had gone out of the mattress and he had sunk down a little bit.  Didn't seem to bother him that much though.  Bless it.
We had safe travels up and coming back.  Thankful for that.  What should have taken two to three hours ended up taking eight hours to get there from the traffic jams we encountered on the way.  I really hated it for those who were in wrecks and hope they're all right. 

While we were in Virginia, I received a message from a friend of mine saying a woman in our church had been in a very bad accident.  It really does not look good.  As of Sunday, she still had not regained consciousness.  There is EXTREME swelling.  Other issues I won't go into here.  But she really needs prayer.  She has a husband and teenage son that are very upset over this, as you can imagine.  Her mom and dad are two of the sweetest people I have ever met.  I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now.  I know the entire family would appreciate the prayers.   Her name is Sharon.