Friday, May 25, 2012

Ways to Add to a Happy and Rewarded Life.

The original title for what I am sharing was How to Live to a Happy and Rewarding Life.  I, however have a deep personal opinion that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to living a happy and rewarded life.  However, there are things in life we can do to add to that.  When I found this today I thought I would share it.  Wanna know how I found it?  Being nosey.  If you're on facebook then you know it's a social network and people you've never met before will often comment on things you have commented on and you can always click on their name and see who they are.  Unless they have everything private.  Which is what I recommend.  Anyway, I clicked on a friend's friend's name (did you get that) and found this. Don't condemn me.  It's a social network and to be expected.  :)   

*Take time to smell the roses. (Personally, I'm not a big fan of the smell of roses.  I need to tell Bruce that in case I die before him.  Not that it would matter.  I'll be enjoying the sights and smelling the other beautiful flowers of Heaven.  And I know this isn't referring to actual roses.  It just made me think of that.) 
*Take a nap on Sunday afternoon.  (Can I get a witness?  I LOVE that one.  LOL)
*Drink eight glasses of water a day. (I love water.  But I need to strive harder for those eight glasses.)
*Never deprive someone of hope.  It may be all they have.
*Give thanks to God before every meal.
*Don't be afraid to say "I'm sorry." (When we first got married, I wasn't afraid to say it, I just didn't say it because I was stubborn.  I don't have a problem with it now.)
*Don't take good health for granted. (Known too many people to die from bad health to take it for granted.)
*Don't interrupt. (Don't you just get a little annoyed when someone does that?  So rude.)
*Improve your performance by improving your attitude. (You know what, this is so true.  If you have a positive attitude, you will have a positive performance.  And a negative attitude will produce a negative performance.)
*Wave at children on the school bus. (I do this and also children walking up and down our street.  Although, I really don't know why.  They never wave back.  They play at my house with my kid, eat my freezie pops, and play our wii.  They just won't wave.  LOL)
*Leave everything a little better than you found it.
*Keep good company. (uhh huh)
*Keep your promises.
*Be kinder than necessary.
*Judge your success by the degrees that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.
*Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.
*Never give up on anyone, miracles happen every day.
*Say thank you a lot.
*Stop blaming others.
*Take responsibility for every area of your life. (YES!  Wouldn't this be a better world if people would take responsibility for themselves instead of putting their mistakes and sins off on everyone else?  Adam started that, you know.)
*Be there when someone needs you.
*Be someone's hero. (No cape required.)
*Choose a charity in your community and support it generously with your time and money. (We choose our local church.)

I thought these were good.  Something to blog about, anyway.

We're celebrating Memorial Day with friends.  I am very excited about it.  Our families, as a whole, have not been together for far too long.  Looking forward to it!

What are your plans for the weekend?