Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day, 2012


Mother's Day celebration started off on Friday for me.  Bruce gave me an appointment to get my hair done, my secret pal gave me a gift certificate a while back for a pedicure, and then I spent a few hours shopping.  So it was a day of pampering and malls!
Although I do believe in pretty toes, especially this time of year, it was my first pedi and I can assure you it will not be my last.  I enjoyed it very much.  I went ahead and upgraded my gift certificate to a deluxe and got the works.  WOW!  I totally enjoyed it. 
Saturday morning we had our moms over for a Mother's Day brunch.  I fixed bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, livermush, grits, and two flavors of muffins with milk and orange juice.  It was delicious, if I do say so myself.
For their gifts, we bought them each a beautiful burgundy pocketbook and a black, beaded, glass necklace.  They loved both of them.
Justin has been house sitting for someone for the last few weeks so it was nice to have him come by for the brunch.  He bought me a beautiful ice cream cake from Dairy Queen that we were all able to enjoy later.  AND it was oreo.  He knows me well, that son of mine.
When it was time to cut into the cake, I couldn't do it.  I had let it set out for at least twenty minutes, but it was still really hard.  So Bruce tried and it was very hard for him also.  At one point he pretended to cry because he wanted a piece of it so badly.  LOL
We had a good time with our moms and it was an honor to honor them in our home.

Before we left for church Sunday morning, Hannah and Harrison gave me an artsy gift they had worked on from the three of them.  I thought it was really cute.  Hannah got the idea from a friend on facebook and did one for me.  It was crayons they hotglued along the top of a white cardboard and then blowdried so it would melt down the board.  At the bottom they wrote, "Like a rainbow, you brighten our sky."  I have it standing on the bookshelf Bruce made me and I love it.
Bruce asked if I wanted to go out to eat for Mother's Day after church.  No way!  I don't like eating out on Sunday.  But definitely not for Mother's Day.  We stay so busy on Sunday, I just wanted to eat Pizza Hut take out and get a long nap.  I got it!  Bruce called from church to order the pizzas and after lunch I had a three hour nap!  THREE HOURS!  It was great.
Before we laid down for a nap, though, they had a few gifts for me.  Hannah and Harrison gave me a gift bag with two pretty headbands, a bag of LINDOR white chocolates, and a beautiful necklace in it.
Bruce gave me a gift bag with some zebra print flip flops and a cheetah print carrying case for my kindle fire.
And then when I got to church for the evening service, Justin showed up with a big basket full of all of these goodies.  It was great!
Sweet Pea scented candle, the Japanese Cherry Blossom collection from Bath and Body Works, a set of foot scrub and softening treatments, pumice stone, things to do French manis and pedis, Calgon bath pearls, a "mom" coffee mug, scrubbie, and teddy bear.  
GREAT basket. 
We had two terrific services at church and a blessed day and weekend all around.  I feel blessed because I AM blessed!  I have been given a thoughtful husband, a loving mother, and three beautiful, precious children.
God is good to me.