Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just Wondering...

Recently I posed a question on facebook. The question was, "What would be the first thing that goes through your mind if someone tells you what a good, godly Christian they are?"

Here were some of the replies:

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men: but GOD knoweth your hearts: for that which is HIGHLY esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

I was alwasy told not to "toot my own horn" and expect people to take my word for it.

My first thought would be, "Oh really!!! If that were true you wouldn't have to be telling me. I'd be telling others!" People who tell you that are in serious denial and probably need to be saved if the truth were known. Pharisees don't get very far with God.

I would feel ashame,I would be speechless.I would think this person should seek professional help! I don't feel Godly only forgiven and in need of much work

Matthew 23:12 "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

I've had a couple of people tell me they were godly and I thought that they were full of themselves. Pride cometh before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall. People really ought to be careful what they say about themselves.

"He must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30

As Mama says, "A person can say anything about themself but watch what they do, that will tell you more than their mouth ever will."

I believe if they HAVE to tell it, then there's not much to it!

Isn't that kinda like bragging about humility??

a person that is truly close to the Lord radiates it and doesn't have to say it

Oh sinner lets go down,down to the river to pray"
♫♪♪♪♪♫♫♫♪

And I think this one is my favorite: A wise man once said: A man filled with the Holy Ghost is not conscious of power, but of weakness.

I reckon my thoughts run pretty near close to what the average person would think if they were told that.

I hope, AND PRAY, that I never reach a point to where I have to tell others how godly I am in order to defend my character and testimony. I am imperfection wrapped in flesh and bone. A sinner....saved by grace.