Friday, December 10, 2010

Some Quotes Just Make Ya Think

I'm not perfect. I realize that. And sometimes it takes certain things to make me stop and put things in perspective. Just like most of us, I suppose. I've never denied the fact that certain things can rub me the wrong way. I do have a temper, I'll admit. I don't think it's as bad as it use to be, but sometimes people get under my skin until I've finally had enough. When that happens, I usually use my blog to either vent or set the record straight, when I should really just hush up and let Jesus deal with whatever is going on. Just like the other day when I posted about telling others how godly you are. If you missed the original post, I'm glad. If you didn't, I do apologize. I shouldn't have posted it. But again....I'm human. Imperfection wrapped in flesh and bone. My spirit is often willing, but my flesh is more often weak. Does that make it right? No. If anything it makes me more aware of just how imperfect I really am and strive harder not to be like......well....."that."
This morning I read a quote from a friend on facebook and I was like, That speaks to me, right there!! I should print it and hang it in my house.

Beauty Advice: For attractive lips, speak words
of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure,
share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run their
fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never
walk alone.


Speak words of kindness....seek out the good in people. *sigh* I really need to work on those. If I get my fur rubbed the wrong way I can be pretty mean. And, although I usually see the good in people at first, which is something my husband is always getting on to me about (lol), I end up seeing their shortcomings, as well. I have a low tolerance to ignorance, so I usually back away from people that are full of it. LOL

By the way, he doesn't get on to me for seeing the good in people, but I do make "friends" quite easily and end up regretting it later. I wish I could be more like my friends, ML and TC. They are possibly the two most friendliest people I've ever known. Although, one of them tend to attract some strange people around them, and I'm not so sure I could be as sweet a person as she is. It will take a lot of work on me to get there. HA!

Anyway, I liked that quote and thought I'd share it with ya. Have a blessed weekend! I know we will. We'll be celebrating my hubby's birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRUCE. I LOVE YOU ALL THE WAY TO HEAVEN!