Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sick With A Capital "ICK"

So now it is Sunday. Still not feeling up to par. Woke up with a terrible tummy-ache around 8:30. Went back to sleep until 10:00. It's almost 11:30 now and Bruce is still in bed. He spent ten hours in bed yesterday. This is not a usual characteristic of Bruce. You know he's sick when he stays in bed like that.

I was feeling ok when I got up yesterday. I took my time getting ready to go grocery shopping. I felt a little dizzy when I got out of the shower, but when I sat down I was ok. So I went on to the store.

I stopped at the Dollar Tree to pick up new toothbrushes for everyone. You know they have packs of two Colgate brushes there for a $1. I always buy new brushes when we get sick. Well, that's not the only time, but most definitely when we've been sick. I've always been perplexed at when to start using the new toothbrush. Do you continue to use the old brush while you're sick? Do you keep giving yourself the illness with that brush? Or do you start using the new brush right away? And if so, does that mean you're contaminating the new brush? And should I buy more brushes when we're feeling completely better? These are questions that I ALWAYS have in my head when we've been sick.

Anyway, I started feeling dizzy at Dollar Tree again. So I sat in the car for a minute after checking out. It passed again. Cato's was there near the Dollar Tree and I had gift cards. So I went in, looked around for a minute before I started feeling dizzy again and just turned around and walked out. That's when you know I'M sick!

I made my way to Wal Mart for groceries. Never in my life have I ever noticed how long that store is. I made it through the grocery section, but not without wanting to just sit down where I was and pass out. I seriously considered just leaving my buggy and going home, but that would mean having to come back and start over. So I finished and came home.

When I got home, Harrison had started throwing up again. He seems to be feeling better this morning, but I kept him home with Bruce and me while Justin and Hannah went to church.

Speaking of Justin and Hannah...when they get home from church they'll eat lunch and then I have to drive them back to the church to drop them off for camp. This is Justin's last year at camp and he's both excited and a little bummed.

I know they'll have a great time. I'll miss them while they're away, but looking forward to some fun time with Harry. I have plans to attend a local revival service with him, maybe a day at Monkey Joe's, a day at the park, etc. That is....if we can pass this horrible bug. I hope we're not sick all week. :( That would be a bummer.

Right now we're just laying around. I thought some fresh juice would be good for my tummy so I juiced some carrots with an apple and a few strawberries and it was very good. Harry drank some too and loved it. I'm always amazed at the amount of juice you can get from just a handful of carrots.

I hope everyone has a Happy Lord's Day!

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather
glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."