Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Museum, Fountains, and....the Flu?

The jury is still out on what I've got....or gotten rid of. After a conversation with my mother in law I feel as though Bruce and I both have had the stomach virus AND the flu. Which would explain his all over body aches Sunday and the fever I was running last night. I also feel like I've been beat with a sledgehammer and that my head is swimming in goo, as I mentioned on my facebook status.

While Justin and Hannah are gone this week, I wanted to do some activities with Harry. I wasn't feeling GREAT today, but felt like I could make a trip with him out to our local museum and then to the Patriot's Park to let him play in the fountains. So I took my book, packed him a lunch, and we left.
The museum was doing an exhibit on what our ancestors wore.


It was very interesting. They had all kinds of mannequins dressed in period pieces and display cases filled with articles of clothing and shoes. They also had a few pieces for the children to try on. Harrison tried on this vest and top hat and tried flirting with this mannequin...who wouldn't give him the time of day.


After the museum, I stopped at the store so Harry could run in and get himself a drink to take to the Patriot's Park. Mom and dad pulled up beside us and decided to go with us to watch him play in the fountains. It was nice. They brought lunch and drinks for all of us. It was so good to sip on that cold soda when it was so hot outside. Sitting under the shade was nice too.


This is the top of the Gazebo there in Patriot's Park. A nice looking place. I just wish they'd put a couple of benches in the gazebo. That would be nice. It's so spacious I don't know why they haven't done that. Maybe because they have bands and things in there sometimes.

The flower garden had a few pretty flowers still in bloom and the bees were just a-buzzin'!



And of course Harrison had a blast playing in the cool water.

By the time we were done at the park my body was ready to give out. I could barely lift my arms to unlock the door. Right now I'm going to lay down and probably stay down the rest of the evening.
I'm glad I was able to do something with Harrison today.