Friday, August 21, 2009

Date Night!

I've had a pretty long day. I woke up this morning at 4:00 with a migraine. I was able to go back to sleep around 5:30 or so. But didn't sleep much longer after that. Bruce was home at 6:30 and I was pretty much awake after he came home. The pain was almost unbearable. I was getting sick on my stomach, the morning light was more annoying than refreshing, and blinking was like being hit in the eye. I took two Aleve, which as you know, are good for twelve hours. It took about six hours before they started working. Once it felt like the pain was subsiding I started doing things around the house. By the time Bruce got back from running this afternoon, the house was clean, I had my shower, and was dressed and ready to date my man. Although still somewhat tender behind my eyes. If you have NEVER had a migraine, you've missed a real treat!

Justin is at the County Jamboree with his friends, Hannah and Harrison are at mom and dad's, and we were carefree. The Jamboree is where the local high school football teams get together to kick off the football season. And so it begins....

While Bruce and I were getting ready to leave the Chinese restaurant, there was a lady that came in. I kept looking at her and thought she looked familiar, but couldn't place where I knew her from. Come to find out, she had gone to school with Bruce and was one of my facebook friends. HA! It was nice meeting her and her husband, putting an actual person to a virtual friend. I thought that was neat.

We walked down to the dollar tree. Bruce found a Scientific calculator there. We weren't sure it would work considering they spelled "Algebra" wrong on the package. But for a dollar, we'll give it a try. hehe

We ended the night visiting his mom. He usually visits with her when he cuts her grass, but his visit was interrupted this week. So we stopped in to say hello and had a good visit.

I enjoyed the time we spent just riding around together and talking. Laughing, snuggling, singing with the radio, etc. I always have a good time with my sweetie.