Friday, August 28, 2009

Scrapbook Fun!

I haven't scrapped with anyone in a long time. So when my friend, Betsy, invited me over to scrapbook I jumped! We've had it planned for weeks and I am so glad we were able to get together.

Betsy is a friend from a long time ago. We worked together at the grocery store where Bruce and I met back in high school. She lives in a housing development, not more than just a couple of minutes from me now.

Betsy is an oncology nurse, and I can't think of anyone better suited for that job. She has a very bubbly personality along with a tender-hearted spirit. Those needing an uplifting after they've been told they have cancer, need someone like Betsy. I admire her chosen profession.

She has a great house with a huge backyard. I tried to tell her she needs my dog, since she obviously has a heart for animals, but I just couldn't seem to convince her. Oh well.

When I got to her house, she showed me all of her scrapbook play-pretties. Her king-daddy cricut and cartridges, and all the accessories, along with the sticker maker. She spent about thirty minutes trying to figure out how to get the cartridge for the sticker maker inserted. Finally, she figured out it wasn't suppose to fit the one she was trying to fit it in. So she got the other one and it slipped right in. YAY STICKERS! :D


I was checking out her cricut when she yelped from the kitchen. She was putting a pizza in the oven and caught her oven mitts on fire. We hoped the rest of the night would go more smoothly. And it did. :)


Her friend Starr showed up and we ate pizza, watched a couple of funny YouTube videos on Starr's phone and then got to work on scrapbooking. I forgot how much time it takes to set up. Here's Betsy with her Creative Memory pens. At least I think they were Creative Memory.


And here is the sticker maker. I loved this little machine. I want one. I won't say I want hers, because that would be coveting. But if the only way I could have one, was to take hers, I would. hehe

Thanks for a great time, Betsy! It was fun and I look forward to doing it again. Love ya!!!