Thursday, April 7, 2011

Of Revivals and French Press On Nails

We took the teen choir to Brother Boone's church Tuesday night. Man, was it good! First of all, the kids did a fantastic job singing. It was like 200 kids were in the choir. I was so proud of all of them. The visiting evangelist was Brother Sam Delaney. He's preaches in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, but he's originally from Ireland. Loved his accent! He preached on the three little pigs of Christianity. The Phifer Pig, the Fiddler Pig, and the Practical Pig. It was something else. I'd love to have that on DVD or CD. I got some pictures of the kids singing and I might post those when I have more time. After the service, Pastor had us drive the kids to Dairy Queen for some ice cream and fellowship. It was fun. Brother Mark had us rolling with some of his jokes and "Su Wong" was requested. So I did "Su" for some of the employees at DQ who got a crack up out of her. I have never gone to have my nails done. Can you believe that? I think I'm probably the only woman I know that hasn't. LOL But Mander bought some press on French nails and I thought they looked great so I decided to get me some too. I put them on last night and I have to say I don't like how they feel. It's so unnatural. They're pretty. They just don't feel right. I guess it'll take some getting use to because they're not popping off anytime soon, I'm afraid. I did exactly what the directions said to do and these things are GLUED ON! So like 'em or not, they're there. 'Bout the time I get use to them they'll start cracking and popping off. lol It's about 6:30am right now. The birds are just-a-singing outside. So sweet. Can you imagine how God would feel if we all woke up like that each morning? Psalm 98:1 "O sing unto the LORD, a new song, for he hath done marvellous things: His right hand and His holy arm hath gotten Him the victory." I'm excited about this weekend. I'll fill you in more on that later. But yay, yay, yay!! It's gonna be a great weekend!!!