Monday, April 11, 2011

Of IFB Churches and Birthdays

I only saw a portion of ABC's 20/20 episode on IFB churches. The portion I saw was about one church and a girl that had a pitiful story to tell. Not sure what the rest of the episode was about. But I found stupidity in the episode that they would link all IFB churches together with this one church, as some tyrannical cult. Can you say liberal media? IFB churches claim fundamentalism, meaning we stand on the fundamentals of the Bible. The "I" in IFB simply put is for Independent. Basically, that means we are not governed under sects, conventions, or committees. We are each our own. Just because a church claims to be IFB, doesn't mean we are all alike or do things like that one church. If the story I saw on 20/20's Saturday episode is true, they should have featured that church and that pastor all on their own instead of linking all IFB churches together like that. It was ridiculous. What a crock! And that's all I have to say about that. Except this...Someone had mentioned in Sunday School that a portion of the episode criticized us for believing the entirety of the Bible. I sure do believe that. But not because I am IFB. It is because I am a CHRISTIAN and believe the HOLY BIBLE is God's WORD! The Bible is true from beginning to end. Some will accept portions of it and some will accept all of it. That's up to the reader. There will come a day when everyone will realize that the King James Bible is the Holy, WORD of God. It is not man written. It is God-breathed, AMEN! And for those of us who are living right, doing right, and trying to live for the Lord, we don't have to like what is being said or done against us, but we can rejoice in knowing that God is on our side. Matthew 5: 10-13 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ On a more pleasant note, it is Harrison's birthday today. YAY! He is now eleven. Harrison is a great kid with a hilarious sense of humor. He keeps us in stitches sometimes. He is growing in the Lord and I am amazed at some of the things he says and some of the discernment he has in certain areas of right and wrong. I'm proud of him and the young man he has become so far. We will celebrate tonight by having the grandmothers over. He wanted tacos, Spanish rice, and chocolate cake. So I have to get busy on all of that soon. Happy Birthday, Harrison! I sure do love you a whole lot. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We had a great time in Murfreesboro, Tennessee this past weekend at Brother Tony Hutson's church. I'll have a blog post and some pictures to share with you about that trip soon.