Monday, March 21, 2011

What A Weekend!

Last week was the busiest week I've had in a while. It was a good busy though. I had three photo shoots. One for the Griffins. Y'all saw one or two of their poses. Then one with a little cutie pie. I'll share one of those if her family gives permission. And then, of course, the wedding!!!
That was the sweetest wedding I've ever been to. Seriously. It was something else! Mrs. Gayle was a beautiful bride and Brother Ronn was looking quite dapper!

Friday night was the rehearsal and dinner. They were married at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Kings Mountain, which is three minutes from my house. I met them there for the rehearsal and then we all went to Ted and Rebecca's for the rehearsal dinner.

Of course Brother Mark, Mrs. Amy, and the boys were down from West Virginia. There were two better pictures than this one of Bruce and Brother Mark, but I liked this one.
:)


Mrs. Gayle's grandson, Luke, gave her away. It was so sweet.


Jordan played the guitar and sang. He wow'd Bruce and me. We were so impressed with his song and talent.


Hayden was his usual, crazy self. He is such a LITTLE NUT!!!!


I couldn't resist snapping this. We were praying over the ceremony and Abby was playing with her chewing gum.


Rehearsal went good. Everything seemed to be planned and in order. When we were finished we all headed over to Ted and Rebecca's for a fantastic meal of lasagna, garlic bread, and delicious salad. They had several different lasagnas and they were all so good!


We also helped celebrate some of the March birthdays in their family. Justin, Jordan, and Tim (who you can't see in this pic, but he was blowing candles also.)


There were lots of laughs and story telling going on. Like when Brother Ken almost shot Brother Mark through the walls at the church. And when Brother Mark dared Brother Ken to drink a whole gallon of fruit syrup, which nearly sent him into a sugar coma.


Mrs. Amy posed for me. Isn't she lovely? That's right folks...she's the pastor's wife at Ripley Baptist Tabernacle. Stop in and see her sometime. Just be careful which hand you shake. lol


I have no idea what my husband is doing here. lol


Hayden wanted to pose for the camera. He's such a ham.


The bride and groom were cracking each other up. The spirits were very light that night.


We made new friends with Laura and Jim. They are so. nice!


And Tammy, Amy, and Ted practiced their song they were singing for the wedding...Oh Rejoice in the Lord. It sounded lovely.
They're all happy to be siblings now. lol


Everyone rested well that night. The next day I went to the Crossroad's Fellowship building where the reception was being held and took some pictures of the beautiful decorations that Amy and Laura spent so much time on.
Here are a couple of pics from the wedding and as soon as the bride and groom are back from their honeymoon I'll share more.

This is Abby and Naomi twirling around in the church yard. They were so cute.

We enjoyed the wedding and the good fellowship and Sunday morning we were able to hear Brother Mark preach. I was supposed to work the nursery but my stomach was upset and I wasn't sure if it was a stomach bug or something else so I stayed in service. It was meant to be because that message was for me, about leaning on God.
I have built a wall and tried to ignore the pain I feel from losing daddy, instead of just simply leaning on Him for what I need done in my heart and mind.
"Ain't nobody that can satisfy like Jesus." ~~*~~Mark Leonard~~*~~
All in all, it was a fantabulous week with a superbulous ending...or beginning. Depends on how you look at it!