Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Driver's Ed, Life and Death, and Stress

Hannah had her first day at Driver's Ed tonight. She liked the class pretty good and came home with tons of notes for her first test tomorrow. She has the same teacher Justin had when he went and was kind of glad about it since she had already heard about him and kind of knew what to expect. He did ask her how old she was and she answered she was sixteen. Later she realized she's only fifteen and after class wanted to make sure he knew. Her birthday is just a few weeks away so she's already feeling the "sweet sixteen" age. He told her it was all right, as long as she had it right on paper, that was all that mattered. haha I wonder how interesting she will make this class for HIM! Her hair is red, but her roots are blond.

She has started blogging again. I'm sure she'll have some stories to share.

I had a good day with my mom yesterday. We had lunch together, comforted a dear friend that has just lost her sweet husband of forty + years, and welcomed my new little great nephew into the world. It is amazing how much grief and sadness you feel when someone dies, but how much joy and happiness surrounds the birth of a new little person. That's life. And death.
Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep."

I've been worried about my brother. I'm sure if he reads this he'll scold me to some point. He has MS. Today he took a blow of bad news and his stress levels were already high. Stress is very bad for MS patients, causing flair ups that can sometimes be crippling. I know he would covet your prayers. I wish there was something I could do for him. I love him so much and hate to see him going through these personal battles. But even though my hands are tied, I know that there is a God that can fight these battles for him better than I ever could.