Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yogi

Hannah's guinea pig has had a skin irritation for a few weeks. It became so bad that he lost pretty much all the hair on his backside. We took him to the vet and he gave him two shots and a shampoo, which Hannah used on him twice a week.

Except for one spot on his side, he seemed to be doing better. The hair on his backside was growing back and he wasn't scratching back there anymore. But today, as I was in and out of Hannah's room, I noticed he wasn't acting right. His appetite, however, did not seem to be hurting. He ate a good size pepper, a carrot, and some grapes this morning. But this afternoon, I found him on his side, gasping for air and eventually, he died. It was the staddest thing I've ever seen.
Hannah is at camp and won't find out until she gets home. I'm so glad she wasn't here to see this happen.