Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Tid-Bit of the Weekend

Someone asked me how Ricky's funeral went yesterday and everything went really well. I just knew it was going to be a difficult time. But you know what? It was actually very comforting knowing that Ricky was in Heaven. Seeing the hundreds of people that showed up to pay their respects. Watching the picture montage of his life. Hearing from people that knew and loved him talk about how he lived life with joy in his heart, no matter the circumstance. Yes, I cried. We all did. But we were filled with that peace that passes all understanding and the hope of seeing Ricky again. It is a sad thing not to possess that hope. I'm so glad we have it with Ricky. Please continue to pray for his wife Jennifer and his children. And of course the rest of his immediate family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was a busy day cleaning the house. After cleaning I took a shower and was going to go to Wal Mart. But before going, I thought I'd grab a power nap. That twenty minutes turned into two hours! I guess we had a busy weekend. Which, we did. Besides the funeral, we had a SS outing/birthday party for me. That was a surprise. But I caught on fast when several people kept saying "There's the birthday girl" and "Happy Birthday!" Anyway, I'll tell you more about that later.

Right now I'm leaving for my mom and dad's house. Harry and I will be spending the better part of the day visiting with them and cleaning their house. Mom has promised something good to eat. So I'm outta here! ;P