Saturday, July 11, 2009

Road Trips!

Bruce was off this week so we decided to take the kids on a couple of road trips. Tuesday we took them to Damascus, Virginia to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. I always love that trip. It's one of my favorite things to do. I'm so glad Brother Ken and Mrs. Tammy introduced us to that place!! We had a blast!

Then Friday we picked Kelsey up and we all headed to Linville Caverns in Linville, NC, we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway, hiked up Mt. Mitchell, and finished the evening off at the Fatz in Marion. Again, we had another fabulous day. The scenery in both of the trips was just beautiful.
I took this at a lookout on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Isn't it lovely?


My darling hubby outside the caverns in Linville.


Kelsey and Justin waiting for our tour.


Someone was kind enough to take our pic on Mount Mitchell. We got tickled because nothin' do Bruce but to get to the top and then it was nothing but fog. No view. Oh well....at least we can say we were at the highest point, right?


And here are my lovies as we were just beginning the Creeper Trail. I have tons of pictures and I'll be posting them in a slide show as soon as I have time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please remember the family of Ricky Baker in your prayers today. We will be leaving for the funeral shortly. This will be a very difficult time for our entire family.