Monday, July 6, 2009

Our July 4th Weekend

I have been reprimanded by a few people, who shall remain nameless, because I have not been blogging as regularly as I have in the past. So I am going to make a conscience effort to blog. Maybe then, the nameless will GET OFF MY BACK ALREADY!!! ha haaaaaaaa....I'm kidding!

These pictures are all out of whack, but it doesn't matter......I'm blogging them anyway!
:)
Sunday night after church, we went to Don's Italian Restaurant with some friends. There were a LOT of laughs there!


Look at my Darlin'. Ain't he sweet? And the other guy, looking as though he is in deep thought, is Brother Mark. The newest member of our church and the father of a certain young lady who has captured the attention of my son.


And these are the squirts that giggled and fidgeted the evening away.


Nicole impressed us with her unique talent of touching her chin with her tongue. Can you do that? I believe she has Jersey Cows in her blood line.


Jeannie, the mother of said young lady that has captured the attention of my son, is also very talented with her tongue. I got really tickled that she had to warm up for this by stretching her tongue first. She could actually touch her tongue to her nose. I'm sure that comes in handy on a cold day. If you think about it, you'll get that! HA haaaaaaaaa Love ya, Jeannie!

And here she is touching her chin. I tell ya....these gals are impressive!


This is Brother Johnny and his beautiful little foster girl. She sure does love her Poppy. She is just a precious and wonderful child. Absolutely sweet.


Brother John O' preached a wonderful message Sunday morning for us. I have the notes and I'll share those soon.


I don't think he was trying to touch his nose or his chin, but it sure was a funny picture so I had to add it to this post. Hehehe


Last Friday, the mother and father of the certain young lady that has captured the attention of my son, and Bruce and I, took the youngsters to dinner at the El Titanic Restaurant. It was a really fun evening followed by beautiful fireworks set off at our local mall.


This is that certain young lady, Kelsey, and Justin.


Saturday, we had a family gathering at my brother-in-law's home. We had a good time. It's always great to see our family. Uncle Bruce was blowing bubbles for Mackenzie. That child loved the bubbles!


Bryan was being goofy here.


After a time of food and fun with Bruce's family, we stopped by my parent's home and had a great supper of mom's homemade BBQ. Mmmm! This was the hamburger cake she bought at the bakery. It was really good!


We enjoyed quite a feast with my parents and enjoyed the time we spent with them.


My mommy!


My daddy and mommy!....and Dolly. We left their house and took the kids uptown for more fireworks. They were great!



It was a truly wonderful July 4th weekend!