Saturday, May 9, 2009

Momisms

  • Money does not grow on trees.
  • Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.
  • If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....
  • Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.
  • Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
  • What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
  • You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
  • Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
  • If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
  • Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!
  • Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.
  • Don't eat those, they will stunt your growth.
  • If you don't eat those, you will stunt your growth.
  • What's meant to be, is meant to be. (Mom only used this when something bad happened or when you experienced a disappointment.)
  • It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.
  • I hope that when you grow up, you have kids "Just Like you"! (Also known as the "Mother's Curse")
  • Because I'm your mother that's why.
  • This is why we can't have nice things.
  • If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
  • Eat your vegetables, those children in China (Africa, Vietnam) would be happy to have some broccoli to eat!
  • If you fall out of that tree and break your leg , don't come running to me.
  • "Cheer up, the worst is yet to come." Usually said in advance of grounding.
  • Someday your face is going to stick like that.
  • Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Yes, I *AM* the boss of you.

  • Because I said so.
  • Just wait till your father gets home.
  • No dessert till you clean off your plate.

  • I brought you into this world and I can take you OUT !!

  • I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how
  • Get that thing out of your mouth! (or nose)
  • Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand
  • You tell that bully to cut it out or you'll tell the teacher...
  • I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?!
  • Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on!
  • Honestly, that cardigan looks great on you - the girls had better watch out with you around!
  • Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
  • Who'll end up walking, bathing and feeding it...?

  • Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there who vowed as children you would never say these momisms. :P