Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Justin!!




Happy Birthday to my eldest son, Justin. I love ya, son!

This is one of my favorite pictures of him. He was goofing off one night and dressed up as Mr. Monopoly. He's so silly sometimes. Much like his daddy! :)

Justin has always been a mild mannered young man, with a tender heart. He is a lot like his dad in that he is straight up and honest with you. I have to say he is much more patient than I am. He seems to keep his cool when I seem to blow my top. Sometimes I'll get riled about something and he'll pat me on the shoulder and say, "It's ok. God's got this!" LOL And he never seems to worry that much. When certain needs arise, I worry for him and he always says, "Ahh, I'm not worried about it. God will provide." And he's right. God always does provide. It's a blessing to see him rest in knowing God will take care of things and he doesn't have to wring his hands and worry.

The Lord opened some doors for Justin to work at a Christian camp over the summer. He left this past Wednesday to go for his counselor training. He'll be back Saturday night and we'll be celebrating his birthday with his grandmothers.

Lord willing he'll be home most every weekend over the summer. So it'll be good to have him home, but I'll miss him through the week. Whatever will we do with all the supper leftovers from him not being here??? LOL Just kidding, Justin!

Justin was born over seas while Bruce was in the military. We came back stateside and back to our hometown when he was just about to turn one. I'm really thankful that he had the opportunity to grow up around his grandparents and grow up in our former church and the church we're at now. I could not ask for better friends and better influences that God has placed in his life.

Please pray for him as he and his friend, Jeremy, are working at the camp this summer, that the Lord will bless their time there, that He will speak to their hearts and help them as they deal with the campers.

Justin, I'm proud of you. You're a wonderful son and your dad and I are so fortunate that the Lord saw fit to lend you to us. We love you! Happy Birthday.


III John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."