Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wrong Price, But Good Sermon!

So I bought a six pack of 9 x 12 yellow envelopes today. They were $6 and something at Office Max and $2 and something at Wal Mart. Obviously I bought them at Wal Mart. But when I get to the register, they ring up for 84 cents.

So I make my purchase and go straight to Customer Service where I explain to the lady that they are not on sale or clearance and that the price is wrong in the register. She scans the pack and says, "No, they're eighty-four cents." I told her I realized that was what they were ringing up as, but I just wanted her to know that the wrong price was in the system. She says, "You don't want to pay eighty-four cents for them?" I tell her, of course I do, but I don't mind paying the actual price, I just felt the store should know the price was wrong in the system and they might want to change it. After all, the store will lose money on them, which in the long run, will cause me to lose money later because they'll raise the price to make up the difference and probably never bring it back down.

She just could not understand all of this. After trying to explain it to her for about ten minutes (literally) she finally says, "Do you want a refund?" I said, "No, thank you. I'll keep my six pack of eighty-four cent envelopes. Have a great day!"

Is it odd that this incident has been gnawing at me ever since I walked out of Customer Service?

~~~~~~~~~~

On a different note, I was listening to 780 AM on the ride home. It is a somewhat local radio station where you can hear our church's radio program. I did not catch the preacher's name that was preaching, but he was reading from John 10:27:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Later in his message he asked, "What does your shepherd sound like?" That's a good question. He made the remark that he feels the Shepherd will sound a whole lot like your Pastor. Why? Because he's the Under-shepherd.

Too many of us walk around listening to other voices while they lead us into paths we should never be walking. In most cases it will be a dear friend. It may be a wife leading her husband. And that's a whole other blog post right there!! LOL It may be our children or some other significant person in our life.

But that question hit me hard. What does MY Shepherd sound like?

Then the preacher said there was a direct mouth piece from God and it was His Word. "How much time do you spend with the mouth piece?" he asked. The more we spend with the mouth piece, the more recognizable His voice will become.

Good sermon on the ride home! :)