Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Nephews


I saw a quote the other day that made me think.  Of course it prompted a Bible study on repentance.  So I'll be blogging about that in the coming week or so.  But today I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to my nephews, Zach and Mikey.

Last night we attended the graduation ceremony for my nephew, Zach, from the Kings Mountain Senior High School.  Couldn't help but tear up just a little.  As I looked at him standing in line for his name to be called, I pictured him as a toddler.  He was such a cute little guy.  He had sweet curly hair and dimples that would melt your heart.  And his eyes just sparkled when he smiled.  Now look at him.  Still a cute guy, still has curly hair (although kept very short), still has dimples that melt your heart.  And still has eyes that sparkle when he smiles.  We pray that Zach will make good choices in life and hope to see great things from him in the future.

 Mikey...  oh my, what a kid!  Like his daddy, that one.  He will don his cap and gown this morning and walk to receive his diploma.  Only eight tickets allowed, so we'll be missing the big moment.  But we'll be there in spirit, clapping and cheering.  Mikey is a very likable guy.  He's witty, loving, snarky and sometimes the most annoying child on the planet.  That last one he definitely gets from his father.  How can you not love him?  When he was little...well, he was never really little...he had the chubbiest little hands and sweetest roundest face.  I think one of my favorite pictures of him was when he was a toddler.  He's in little overalls with no shirt.  It's on my mom's wall and I can't help but smile at it every time I see it.  I can't help but smile every time I see him now.  He's not a chubby toddler anymore.  He's 6'5", I think.  Maybe taller.  And a right good lookin' boy.  He's been a good kid and I pray that he, also, makes good decisions in life and look forward to seeing what the future holds for him.
 We are proud of both of you boys for making it this far.  But this is not the end.  It is just the beginning.  The future lies before you with two paths to choose.  One with God and one without Him.  Choose the one with Him.  Your success from this life to the next depends on Him.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
Jeremiah 29:11

He has plans for your future if you'll let Him guide you.

We love you both.  And CONGRATULATIONS!