Sunday, January 5, 2014

And We're Off!

We've had a great start to the new year already. 

Brother Cody Zorn is with us in revival at Faith and he is just wonderful.  I have thoroughly enjoyed his preaching today and look forward to the rest of the week that he is with us.

Last year I had to put a lot of things on hold as far as serving in my church and I missed it so much.  It was good that I was able to help my mom.  I just sure did miss helping in my church and the fellowship that comes with that.

As we turned the corner into 2014, I was handed my nursery list as January's Nursery Mother.  I was never so happy to get that list in my life!  I even missed THAT!  It's an honor to help serve in the nursery.  Those little babies are precious.  Every single one of them.  And the nursery is a ministry which helps mommies and daddies enjoy the service so they can energize for the next week ahead of them. 

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Romans 12:1

Nursery work is reasonable service. 

We also entered into revival.  Which means we have a man of God and his family on the property, staying in our Prophet's Quarters.  Brother and Sister Zorn have several children.  I was asked to help cook a meal for them for tomorrow night.  So today when I came home from morning service, I cooked a big pot of green beans, made a dessert, and pulled some rolls from the freezer.  The kids put them in the fridge at church and they'll be good with their pot of chicken and dumplings Mrs. Ava is bringing for them.  I was so happy to be doing something so simple.  It truly made my day!

I'm sure we'll be hearing the plans for our Valentine's Banquet before too much longer.  I'm looking forward to helping with that too.  I just can't wait to "get back into the groove" of things. 

I have always enjoyed being busy.  So yeah, if the first week of January 2014 is any indication of what I can expect the rest of the year, I am thrilled!! 

Let's GO!