Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend in Review

When I woke up Saturday I was feeling so much better than I had all week I decided to go ahead and get a jump on cleaning the house, doing some laundry, and getting myself ready for a date night with my honey.

I cleaned both bathrooms, finished the kitchen, ran the vacuum, and then felt like I was gonna pass out if I didn't stop.  lol  I over did it a little bit but I still got to go out with my sweetheart. And when I say go out, we actually stayed in.  At our house.  I'm still living with mom so I took some pizza, some Klondike bars, and some drinks over to my house where my darlin' was waiting on me.  Harrison was with mom, Hannah was at work and Justin had to leave for work just about the time we were fixin' to eat.  So we snuggled on the couch eating supper and watching a movie.  It was really was the best date ever.  I enjoyed it so much.

We had a baptism service last night.  We baptized a young man that was saved just after our friend, Marla, died.  Her husband had been a witness of the Lord during that very dark time and this young man he works with accepted Christ because of that witness.  He and his fiance' have been such a blessing and very faithful since he has gotten saved, desiring to know what to do next.  It's sweet watching a newly born Christian grow.  Pray for Vance and his fiance', Jamie.

A few weeks ago there were some newbies to join the youth choir.  Some of my favorite kids in the world!  If I miss some, I'm sorry!  These are the ones I know that are new by their age...  Carissa, Trina, Jaythan, "E," and Isaac.  So fun to watch the newbies.  I love them.  Carissa has been trying to get into youth choir since the first time she heard music in her mother's womb.  :)

Today I went to the bank to have my name taken off of mom's checking account.  You'd think it would be an easy thing to do.  You don't want to be linked to an account, you take yourself off.  But guess what...  I can't take myself off without her signing papers to have me off.  Say whaaaaa??????  I got the paper work started and we'll go some time this week so she can sign her part.  It's really ridiculous.  I don't understand that. 

Did a little bit of grocery shopping today and found my all time favorite International Delight, White Chocolate and Raspberry. 

It was 2/$6 and I had a $2.75 off store coupon so I got it for a quarter.  The big 32 oz bottle at that.  Love, love!!  It never comes out until this time of year and then it's gone after Christmas.  I didn't even find it last year.  So that made me a happy camper today.  I don't drink coffee, but I like to add it to my hot chocolate during the holiday months.  :) 

This week, Hannah is on fall break from college so I gave Harrison off for fall break too.  He's staying at home this week and gets to enjoy hearing his favorite Preacher, Brother Barry Spears, who is preaching in a revival service at Old Rugged Cross Baptist in Shelby.  Hannah has to work Thursday night, so I'm planning on taking him Thursday.  I'm looking forward to it because Brother Spears is one of my favorite preachers too! 

So that's it for our weekend in review.