Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another Week Gone

It's been an interesting long week. 

Bruce started first shift last week, our Pastor was in revival at Bright Light Baptist Church here in Bessemer City, and Harrison came down with pneumonia.

Bruce had a good first week on first shift.  Tue, Wed, and Thursday he cut grass here, at his mom's house, and our house.  And in the evenings he would go to the revival.  Wed night and Friday night he stayed home with Harrison.  I had taken him to the doctor Wednesday and they said he had pneumonia.  Poor thing sounded like he was coughing up a lung.  He hadn't slept in several days and his chest and throat were hurting.  They put him on a Z pack and some cough medicine to help him sleep.  He seems to be doing ok.  Of course I haven't been able to be home to take care of him like I would like to, but Hannah and Bruce seem to have it under control. 

A friend of the family, Karen, stayed with mom this morning so I could run some errands and check on Harrison.  I was glad to see him sitting up and smiling, as opposed to the last time I saw him, laying down with a fever and coughing.  Hopefully he'll be his old self again soon.

We had several visitors to mom's house this week.  Mrs. Deborah, Mrs. Frieda, and my buddy, Missy, came over Tue, the ladies visiting group came Wed, and Mr. and Mrs. Harmon came Thursday.  It was great visits all around.  I'm thankful for our sweet church family.

Last Saturday I had the honor of shooting a wedding up in Granite Falls.  It was a beautiful wedding.  The groom's father gave a sermon during the ceremony on marriage.  "Leave, Cleave, and Set to Please."  It was a sermon that should be preached in all wedding ceremonies.  I was glad to hear it.  I pray the bride and groom have many happy, wonderful years together.
The weather has been so nice this week.  It started raining today and it looks like it'll be raining all next week. We've had so much rain this summer that I'm really looking forward to fall.  I can't wait to see the beautiful colors in the trees that are sure to come.
 
I found a video collection with fifteen movies on it.  All of them are classic stories and were made in the 1940's or before.  Mom and I are watching Little Men right now.  Well... I'm watching.  Mom is in her chair snoring.  It's a really good story. 
 
I reckon that's it for today.  Have a great weekend!!