Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving and Pictures

For Thanksgiving, we spent the day with my Aunt at her home and most all of my mom's brothers and sisters.  Some of my cousins were able to make it and that was a true blessing for me. 












The picture above is of my mom and her twin brother, Jay. 

I don't get to see this side of our family as much as I'd like to.  Maybe once or twice a year.  If that.  So the turkey and dressing and oh-so-yummy yeast rolls were fantastic, but seeing my family was the icing on the cake, so to speak.  We had a fabulous time and there was a good crowd there.  We were even able to take our new son, Josh, with us.
 

Speaking of cake, I made a luscious, four layer pumpkin cake with caramel topping. 
 
 
I found the recipe on pinterest and it was a big hit.  Might make another one for our Sunday School Christmas party next week.
 
I was glad mom was able to spend Thanksgiving with all of us.  She had just gotten out of the hospital the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  She had a severe allergic reaction to her blood pressure medication which ended her up in the hospital.  While she was there, the doctors discovered she had pneumonia and that apparently, she had had it for a very long time.  Which would explain the cough and illness she has had for the last two years that has been continuously diagnosed.  The doctor said she was fortunate to be alive after taking those pills for so long.  If you are on medication that ends in "pril" and you have swelling off and on in your mouth, tongue, cheeks, or a persistent cough, have your doctor change that medicine right away.  The doctor said one more and it would have killed her.  She's been on them for several years.  Every once in a while she would call and tell me that she woke up with swelling in her mouth or jaw.  We couldn't figure out what it was.  Now we know!  She is currently home and recovering.  However, she is still a very sick lady and I am hoping that she will be much better by Christmas.  I'm thinking she has a good bit of recovery ahead of her.
 
I've also been busy with photography.  I've had the opportunity to get some beautiful pictures of beautiful people recently.  It's been nice to be busy with something I love doing.  Here are a few of my favorites from recent shoots...
 
The Brackett Family...
 
 Miss Madilyn...

John and Heather, newly engaged...
 
 The Rollins family...

Bradley and Bethany, newly engaged...
 
 
Cheyenne, sweet 16...
 
We've been fighting the stomach virus here at our home the last couple of days.  Hannah and Harry came down with it early Friday morning.  So far the rest of us are ok.  I'm hoping it passes through and doesn't hit the rest of us.  I'm not holding my breath, though.  Considering it's an airborne virus, I probably should be.  
We've been taking a home remedy of a tsp of apple cider vinegar every so often.  I hope it works.  I'd hate to be taking that nasty stuff for nothin'.  I chase it down with Ginger Ale.  LOL
 
I guess that's it for an update.  Hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving and that you begin to enjoy this beautiful season of Christmas.