Monday, January 12, 2015

Of Answered Prayers, Calendars, and Soup

Well, here we are in the middle of the first month of 2015.  How's it going for you?


It's going great here!  We just finished up a fantastic revival with Brother Mark Stroud last week and what a great way to kick off the new year!
We've prayed about some things recently and seeing God answer those prayers has been a good thing.  He's actually answered them more than we could have anticipated.  When I think about it I think of that song our choir sings that says,
If I hold my peace,
let the Lord fight my battles
If I sing and shout,
have faith and never doubt
It shall be mine,
Victory shall be mine, shall be mine
Victory, victory shall be mine


Also, Marie got some good news from her last doctor's visit last Thursday.  It was kind of surprising, I think, to both of us because we weren't expecting it.  But the doctor gave her a great report so far and said there was no reason for her to have 24hr assistance any longer.  I stayed with her Thursday night anyway, then Friday my little family came for supper at her house before revival and after revival we all came home.  I went over to Marie's house Saturday to wash my bed sheets, clean up a little, and pack all my stuff to take back home.  They should be calling her this week to set up her schedule for cardio rehab.


I guess I'm next in the surgery department.  My ankle is getting worse every day and seems to be sore all the time.  I could really use some prayer for that.  This is not an easy surgery.  We're talking twelve weeks of non weight bearing and eight weeks physical therapy.  Ugh!  That's TWENTY weeks.  But I've seen the Lord do great and mighty things.  I am trusting Him.  Just waiting for the right time.


We have some good things on the calendar already for this year.  Looking forward to these events and hoping time passes quickly so we can get these shows on the road.  :)


Bruce should be getting home soon.  Any minute, actually.  I'm making cheesy broccoli and potato soup for supper.  It just seems like a good soup day to me with it being so damp and cold. I think he'll probably enjoy that. 


Stay warm people!