Friday, February 14, 2014

Do You Have The Valentine?

This is probably one of the most recognized verses in Scripture:  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16


Today, February 14, 2014, we celebrate another Valentine's Day.  A day to express love to our spouses, our children, our parents, our friends, significant others, etc.  It is "the day of love." 


While we share Valentine cards and candy, flowers, along with kisses and hugs, it is humbling to know that there was no greater love shown to us than when Christ willingly lay down His life for ours? 


As I was thinking how wonderful it was and is to know that I've spent twenty-five years celebrating this holiday with the love of my life, I was reminded that life, itself, is not promised another day. 


Brother Troy Tucker, one of the preachers in our church, announced on facebook that his dear mother went home to be with the Lord this morning.


I mourned for that family as soon as I heard.  But then realizing she went HOME, today, of all days, struck a calmness within me. 


Today is a day we celebrate love.  And Mrs. Diane is with the One who loved her the very most.  So much so that He gave His life for her.  Raised up from the dead for her.  And called her UP to be with Him.


It is sad for those left behind, yes.  I've been to the grave of my parent and I know the pain that presses on the heart and mind.  And I do pray for peace and comfort for this family.


I also feel it is a joyous time.  Another reason to celebrate.  For without the greatest love of all, we would have no hope of Heaven.  No hope of eternal life.  It is a choice given to all who will accept and believe through faith.


I am so glad to have known Mrs. Diane and that she is in Heaven with the most precious Valentine of all, Jesus Christ. 


May God bring peace and comfort to His children during this time.  And may His undying love that He showed through His death, shine forth to those who have not accepted Him.  This is our prayer.
I have the greatest Valentine of all.  Do you?