Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday's Menu: Outback's Alice Springs Chicken

This was very good.  The only thing I think I would change next time is the amount of the honey mustard sauce.  I love honey mustard, but it was a little bit overpowering for me.  Other than that, it was a hit with the family.  Another pinterest recipe going into the recipe book.


Here's the recipe:
Four to five boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.  I ended up using several boneless, skinless chicken tenders.
Seasoning salt
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs mayonaise
Pound of bacon
mushrooms
Colby Jack cheese

*Rub chicken down with seasoning salt, real good, then cover and place in fridge for thirty minutes.
*Fry bacon crisp, and crumble in small pieces.  I used a bag of the real bacon pieces you find on the salad isle at the grocery store.
*Saute' chicken four to five minutes on each side, or until turning brown.  Place in 9X13" pan.
*Mix mustard, honey, and mayonaise in a small bowl and brush over chicken pieces.
*Top chicken with bacon, muhrooms, and cheese.
*Bake on 350 for thirty minutes.
~~~~