Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Thoughts, 2012

I was privileged to help work the polls for our local Tea Party on election day.  Everyone on both sides, seemed to be very nice.  I did have one woman out of hundreds that passed by, be very nasty to me.  And of course she was an Obama supporter.  But I kept a smile on my face and treated her the way I would have wanted to be treated.  Wanna know why she was mad?  Because she lived in Asheville and couldn't vote here in Kings Mountain.  She wouldn't take my word for it and insisted on speaking to someone she trusted.  So I took her inside, found someone she would trust (lol), and she proceeded to tell her story, how she was spending the day down here and wanted to vote here since she couldn't vote in Asheville.  Now, mind you, she was absolutely RUDE to me.  But when she spoke to this man working inside, she was as nice as melted butter.  To her dismay, however, he told her exactly what I told her.  Boy... talk about mad then!  It was funny.  Other than that one incident, it was a very great night and I had a lot of fun.
 
Here's a picture of three of us working for and with Mr. Warren Daniel (right end), who won his seat for NC Senate.  So happy about that!!
 And here's one of us with Mr. Daniel and also, Susan Allen, who won her seat for County Commissioner.  She unseated the incumbent, who had been there fifteen years.  I was thrilled.  The person she unseated is such a liberal.  So I was happy she won. 
 Congratulations to both of these wonderful servants of the people!  Looking forward to seeing what they do with the time they have been afforded. 
~~~~~~
On a funny note, I saw this picture on a news website the day of the election and got a little bit tickled.  Obviously exercising his right to vote before hitting some totally gnarly waves, man.  And I totally dig the awesome red and white bandanna around the head.  All kidding aside, I have no idea who this cat voted for, but I thought the picture was great.  It made me smile.
:)

~~~~~
Just in case there are people who haven't heard yet (LOL), Mr. Obama took the Presidential office, once again.  I would say congratulations to him, but I don't want to.  So... moving on...
I was really depressed that Mr. Romney lost.  And, like most Americans, are bitter at all the voting fraud, especially in Ohio.  There has GOT to be a better way to cast votes.  Especially with today's technology.  And don't get me wrong... I am NOT saying that voter fraud won the election.  I do believe that we live in a wicked and perverse nation and THAT is why Obama won.  People are thinking about themselves and what kind of handouts they can get.  Selfish. 
I had a hard time going to sleep, knowing we have to face four more years with this man.  Finally fell asleep and woke up all depressed again.
But one of the first things I read on facebook this morning encouraged me to LOOK UP!  For our redemption draweth nigh. 
Then tonight at church, Pastor preached a TERRIFIC sermon and encouraged us to hang on. 
His text was from Isaiah 3:2-10, which we see an offended Sovereign, God. 
There should be a contrast between us and the wicked.  We can't say we are a Christian and then live and act as though we are part of the world.  Which, a lot of those claiming Christianity that voted for Obama, fall under that description.  The Bible says a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.  It's like Brother Hutson says, you can't have it both ways. 
The text tells us in verse 10, "Say ye to the RIGHTEOUS, that IT SHALL BE WELL with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings."  AMEN!  It shall be well!!
And in Genesis, Noah and his other seven family members,were the only ones willing to take a stand in a very wicked and sinful time.  Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord because he was living a righteous life.  And therefore, was placed in the ark.  He and his family. 
Guess what, Christian!  We are in the ark while the rest of America will face the judgement of God.  For us... the Christian... all will be well.  We don't have to worry about what's going to happen.  We just get to live life, moving forward for the cause of Christ, and watch those who refuse to live the Bible way, go under. 
It's like our Pastor said, for the last four years our great nation, the America as we have always known, has been on life support.  And after yesterday's election, we have pulled the plug.  There is no turning back.  Bible prophesy is taking place and things are lining up. 
So look up, Christian.  Our redemption, truly, draweth nigh.
I'll leave you with the entire text Pastor read tonight.  Soak it in.  The WORD is truth.

Isaiah 3:2-10

2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,

3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.

4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand:

7 In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.

8 For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the Lord, to provoke the eyes of his glory.

9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.

10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.