Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday and Spring Cleaning

I'm spring cleaning this week.  yippee.  I mean YIPPEE!! 

I shipped the two older ones off to mom's house for the week for their spring break and thought I'd take the time to declutter and dedustbunny the house.  I started in Hannah's room.  So far, so good.  The boy's room, I keep avoiding.  You know, because they're grub worms.  But I know when it's finished I will be so happy and so will they.  And just a thought here...  is it too much to ask my youngest to put dirty clothes in the hamper and not back in his drawers?  I'm sure my child is the ONLY one that does this.  Right?  LOL  Ohhh, gotta love boys.  All joking aside, I'm enjoying the quiet cleaning time.  It's been nice.

Last week was a big week.  Wednesday was Harry's birthday.  He started the celebration Tuesday night when his brother and sister camped out with him on the trampoline.  Which was a big deal, let me tell ya.  It was a rather chilly night, but they all seemed to survive. 
Since Bruce works second shift, I decided to have the grandmothers over for lunch, Wednesday, and we were able to celebrate as a family.
 The items requested for his menu was tacos and Spanish rice.  So tacos and Spanish rice it was.  And it was pretty good, if I do say so myself. 
Harrison likes the game Angry Birds.  So I decided this would be a fun cake for him and I was right.  He loved it.  I did too, actually.  I have a thing for Angry Birds also, in case you didn't know.  I kept the pieces from the cake and I'll make my own Angry Bird cake when my birthday rolls around.  You think I'm kidding, don't you?  :)
  We had a great time with the Grandmothers, but then it was time to say goodbye to them and see Bruce off to work and get ready for Patch and church.  I had asked Harrison's Patch teachers if we could bring cupcakes, chips, and drinks and they said it would be fine.  So after Patch class was over, they were able to have those things for a snack. 
Hannah made orange supreme cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  She piped icing through the bottoms of the cupcakes so there would be cream in the centers.  From what I've heard, the children were pleasantly surprised. 
 Hannah loves to make things for Harry's patch class.  She's such a good sissy.
 We have a tradition in our home that when you turn twelve, you get your first set of house keys.  So when the grandmothers left, daddy was off to work, and sissy was making cupcakes, Harry and I went to our local hardware store and had his keys made.  When the two older ones turned twelve, Justin picked out UNC keys and Hannah picked out tie-dye.  Harrison chose Green Bay Packers.  That's my boy, right there!!   
 After church that night, he went home with my mom and spent the weekend with her, while Bruce and I headed to Murfreesboro, Tennessee with our youth group.  Of course, Hannah was with us, and we were blessed to know that Justin was able to get off work and attend the meetings there with us as a sponsor.  I have a lot to tell about our trip and I'll share that soon.  I haven't downloaded my pictures from the trip yet and I have a ton of things going on with spring cleaning.  So I'll get to it when I take another break sometime this week.
I love my boy, Harry.  He has a great sense of humor and keeps us in stitches most of the time.  He had a rough start to life, but seems to have taken a good hold of it now.  He's taller than his mama, and I'm pretty sure by the end of summer he might be as tall as his brother.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I no longer purchase clothes or shoes from the children's department.  This is kind of a bitter sweet thought.  I've always enjoyed my babies growing up.  And I'm proud of all three of them.  I just wish they could stay little for a little while longer.