Friday, December 16, 2011

This and That and Merry Christmas

There are several things going through my mind this morning. I have no idea what to post about, but I'm just going to go with it and see what comes out.

First of all, I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to some young adults in our church, Spencer and LeAnna, on their engagement. Spencer popped the question Tuesday night. I saw the video and I cried. It was so sweet. I'm happy for them. We all knew this day was coming and it did. Praying for them as they seek God's will for their lives together.

Remember when Harry bought his iPod? Well, it's not working. Good thing I kept his warranty and a good thing I let our friend, Jack, talk me into buying it. Thanks, Jack!

Hannah is going to Georgia with a friend and her family this weekend. I know she'll have a good time. Praying for safe travels and I can't wait to hear the funny stories I'm sure she'll come back with.

Justin has been busy working and going to the trade lot, or as some people call it, the flea market. He's becoming quite the wheeler and dealer. Harrison went with him last time and they had some good brother bonding time together.

I finally bought some frames for our family pictures. They look great! I can't wait to get them hung. Bruce has done a fabulous job on painting the house. He built a beautiful bookshelf to put our home school books and other things on. I just need to paint it. I love it!

We were able to get our tree up and other decorations out. I've been enjoying watching the lights and just thinking about the goodness of God and how He would send His only begotten Son to die for us. For me! This time of year we celebrate His birth, the little baby in the manger, but we also celebrate the man on the cross. I love Him.

I was suppose to clean a house today, but that was cancelled so I decided to wrap presents I bought last night, bake some Christmas goodies, and get some Christmas cards ready to go out. So it's not a loss of time today. It's been busy around here and I'm glad for the opportunity to get these things done.

If I don't get to post again between now and the 25th, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!