Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another Post? Two Days in a Row?

I woke up this morning to the sound of a very obnoxious power sander and a thick cloud of white dust this morning. Bruce was sanding some places he had patched on the wall. A very long wall. He felt the power sander would save him some time. And it did. It also saved his arm a lot of work. However, it will take a long time to get that dust off of everything. But you know what? I don't care. I am so happy with how things are going to look when he is finished that I really just don't care about the dust. That's what Pledge is for, right? Besides, I had to dust anyway.

My kids are out of school for the month of December. I've done this every year since we started home schooling. We don't get snow days, teacher's work days, etc. So if when they've completed "x" amount of work from the beginning of the school year to the first Friday of December, they get the rest of the month off to enjoy the Christmas season. It's fun, with them, baking cookies, watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, going shopping, etc. I love that we are able to do that and make memories this way. It is a blessing.

Since they're out of school, Hannah, Harrison, Justin, and Hannah's friend, Taylor, went to mom's house on Monday and decorated for her. The girls have spent the night with her since Sunday and will go home tonight. I know mom will miss them. Anyway, I went over to have dinner with them last night and the house looked so pretty. Especially her sitting room. It was so cozy and comfy in there. Of course we didn't spend a lot of time in there. We actually stayed around the table playing Phase 10. It was slightly intense for a while. But it was fun. While I worked on mom's computer, the kids sat in another room and played a game where each person said one word, adding to a sentence. The first person to mess up the sentence was out and the game continued with everyone else until there was one person left. The sentences were hilarious. Kind of reminded me of Mad Libs. We also played Chinese Writing. If you've never played that, it is fun and, especially, with a new people. It's a great party game.

Speaking of parties, we'll be having our Sunday School party this Friday. I'm looking forward to it. I need to find an elephant gift to take. With all we're doing around the house, I have some things I'm thinking of taking. We always have a blast with that game. It's so funny. We have a couple of gifts that have shown up for the last several years. Always makes us laugh when it is opened. I'm suppose to take a side dish for bbq. I was thinking slaw and chips and dip. I have no idea what dessert I'm taking yet. It'll be something good, though.

After the party, we have plans to go see the lights in McAdenville with some friends. It'll be a little late, but I'm looking forward to it. Their kids and our kids will be here playing games and watching Christmas movies. So they'll be having their own little party, I guess. Fun, fun!!

So that's today's post. I wonder if I'll think of something to write tomorrow. I guess we'll see.