Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Really?

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without posting something. I really want to, I'm just in a bloggy pit, I guess.

Lots of things going on here. I've been busy with photo shoots. The Lord has blessed in that area and I'm thankful for the opportunities and the good times I've had this year. I've taken pictures of families, engagement proposals, maternity pictures, and next week I'll be doing a newborn. Which, by the way, I am totally psyched about. I love me some babies.

Thanksgiving was fun. Hannah and I cooked the side dishes, with the exception of the mashed potatoes. My sister in law made those and they were really yummy. As a matter of fact, she made the desserts and they were to die for. I had my fair share and more of those. lol My mother in law cooked the turkey and it was the best, I think, I have ever had. I was most thankful, this year, that Bruce's brother Mitch and his family were able to be with us. He recently retired from the Navy and has moved back to our little town and it is so good to have them home. It just makes the family feel whole again.

This month, Bruce has been painting and doing some odd jobs around the house. We're hoping to have everything finished this week so we can decorate and enjoy our newly painted walls and doors and windows. It's been fun watching it all come together. I suppose after almost twenty years it's time for a facelift for the house. He's doing a great job and his need for perfection has even made room for me to help a little. haha

We have Christmas parties, family reunions and Bruce's birthday this weekend. The Christmas season never slows down and I'm glad. I enjoy the busyness of the fellowship and gatherings of friends and family. We have so much to be thankful for.