Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life's Too Short

The other day on Facebook, someone posted, "Life's too short to worry about that." 


No kidding!  I've had that attitude, going on three months now.  I can't worry about things I have no control over.  I need to  focus on the main things.  You may ask, What are the main things?  I'll tell ya!


Jesus Christ and His second coming.  Those are the main things.


1. Do you know Jesus Christ?  A better question would be, does He know YOU?  I've thought about that scenario many times in the past.  There are so many people that say they know Christ.  Or they know of Christ.  Some will even say they do things in the name of Christ.  But the Bible says, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."  Matthew 7:22&23
So the first main thing is, not so much that you know Christ or know of Christ.  But that He knows you. In order for Him to know you, you must accept Him.  Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.  No man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  There is no other way to reach Heaven or to get to God, except through His Son, Jesus Christ, who shed his blood on Calvary, for the sins of the world.  That includes me.  That includes you!  Does He know you?  Have you accepted Him as your Savior?  A Savior saves us from something and this Savior saves us from an eternal Hell. 


2. When we keep that first one the main thing, the second one of Christ's coming, just falls right into line.  Jesus said, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."  Those that remain and are caught up, are those He knows and have accepted Him as Lord. 


As I watched the news this morning I felt an overwhelming power of the Holy Spirit.  I get goose bumps when that happens.  I call them Holy Ghost goose bumps!  :)  Russia plays a HUGE part in that.  Kind of long to explain, but if you'll read in Scripture about Gog, the land of Magog, which is what we know of, now, as Russia, we can see that things in that area of the world are lining up according to Scripture and God is preparing for Christ's return.  WHOOT!


Are you ready?  Do you know Him as your Savior?  Does He know you as His child? If you haven't made that decision today, I hope you will soon.  Because right now, life here on earth is too short to be worrying about that.