Monday, September 8, 2014

Welcome Back to School

Today was our official first day back to school.  We have started our eighteenth year of homeschooling.  Praise the Lord! 




Two students graduated and one beginning high school this year.  This is the first of the last four years.  I admit I have my failures.  One is math.  Oh dear.  I have always despised Math and thank the Lord for my brother, John, a Math WHIZ, who has always been there to help us when we needed it.  John's symptoms of MS increases daily and I hate to bother him.  So this year we decided to use a Math on DVD with an actual Math teacher.  Harrison is happy about it and to be quite honest, so am I!  We had to begin our day without that Math, though, because the company I ordered from got my order mixed up with another lady's order.  I was bummed when I opened the box and saw it was not my order.  But they assured me they would have my order here soon.  So Lord willing we shouldn't be too far behind.


SIGMA and Patch started at church for the school year.  So Harrison is in fifth gear, full speed ahead, to be number one in points.  He is bound and determined to take it this year.  We'll see. 


Hannah is still working at the day care.  She is now one of the teachers in the two year old class.  She's also still taking classes at the college.  She's a busy girl these days.  Barely see her anymore, but she's really happy where she is right now.


Justin is still working in Gaffney.  We're having a house warming party for him...FINALLY...this month.  He has everything he needs for his home, but he has some maintenance to do on the house so he's asking for Lowe's Home Improvement gift cards.  He is also seeing a beautiful, Christian young lady named Brittany.  They are planning their future together and we are very happy for them.  Their picture has been added to my sidebar.  We are very excited to see what the Lord has in store for them and are so blessed God sent her to our son and to our family.  We love her a whole lot! 


Bruce and I are still SIGMA sponsors, but we are on a "break" this year while another couple who hasn't had a team in a few years steps up and sponsors a team.  We're so happy they've been added back this year.  And we're also thrilled that Justin's buddy (my other son) Jeremy and his wife, Ashley, are sponsoring a team this year too!  They are a young couple with a strong desire to serve the Lord and be used and I know the Lord will use them with the teens this year.  It's going to be an exciting year for our youth group having new sponsors and Brother Johnathan and Mrs. Jennifer as official youth pastors.  Still cheering on that decision! 


We have many blessings before us.  But we also have burdens.  Please be in prayer for a little boy named Asher.  He was diagnosed last week with leukemia.  His treatments have started so he's going to need a LOT of prayer as he goes through those.  Also, the Justice family are in GREAT need of prayer.  A piece of furniture landed on their two year old, causing bleeding on the brain.  When testing for brain activity this morning they did not find any.  They removed her off life support shortly after.  I'm so broken hearted for these families and what they are facing with their children.  God, in all His wisdom, knows what is best for our lives.  Praying as these parents go through these fiery trials.