Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Little Is Much

We had our Ladies Thanksgiving Fellowship last night.  I usually bake a turkey for that and this year was no exception.  My house smelled so good and I had Christmas music playing.  It was great.  I love this time of year!

I directed a wedding this past weekend that had thirty people in it.  Yes.  Thirty.  It was a huge wedding party!  But it actually went very smoothly.  Even the rehearsal was no problem.  The wedding was for a couple in our church, both previously married with adult children.  Both lost their spouses and God brought them together and it was a truly, beautiful ceremony.  I cried more than once.  Just sweet, sweet.  So Congratulations, Mrs. Linda and Brother Dennis!

We also attended the birthday party for a young lady in our youth group.  Pizza, chips and salsa, peanut butter ice cream sandwich cake, and roasted marshmallows around a bond fire.  It was a nice time.

Sunday was a great day.  Pastor Goodman preached on The Lion and The Lamb.  Oh, my, my!  What a great sermon, with two precious souls saved.  Had a great play practice Sunday afternoon!  Sunday night, Pastor gave all the preachers in our church a few minutes to give a mini sermon.  I love it when that happens.  Some of the BEST sermons come from that.  We also baptized.  Praise God!  Thankful for a church where souls are saved and the baptism waters are stirred. 
~~~~~~~~~~
The ladies fellowship was special because we had a really wonderful speaker, whom we ALL love very much.  Mrs. B O'Malley.  I love that sweet lady!  She had some wonderful things to say and I think we all gleaned from her wisdom.

Our theme was "Little Is Much When God Is In It."  It doesn't matter if we feel we're not talented or gifted in certain areas, God has something for each of us and it doesn't matter how small it may seem, if God is in it, it's BIG!

We had a delicious meal prepared by all of our ladies.

Heard songs from our ladies quartet and also my dear friend, Brenda.
And it was a real treat to sit a table with my friend, Meghan, and all the other crazy girls.  They sure kept Meghan and me laughing.
Love those girls!